Jim does individual consulting on issues related to stock photography. Many consultations can be handled quickly over the phone without the necessity of face-to-face contact. When appropriate a detailed written report can be provided.
The following are some of the issues on which Jim has provided advice and direction.
- Assisted photographers in negotiating fees for a specific unique image use. This type of consultation usually only takes a few minutes over the phone. The fee for such service (based on time) often is in the range of $20 to $40.
- Reviewed a photographer's work and advised on the best strategy for finding representation. Many photographers simply want a list of the best agents, but it is difficult to recommend a proper fit without seeing some of the photographer's work.
- Assisted photographers in negotiating contracts with stock photo agencies.
- Advised photographer on the initial steps necessary to begin marketing their images in the U.S. or worldwide.
- Assisted photographers who already actively market their work in finding additional marketing outlets.
- Consulted with stock agencies on business trends as they relate to the agency.
- Evaluate a stock photo business for the purpose of sale.
- Provided an expert valuation in the event of a lost or damaged transparencies.
- Provided an expert opinion on compensation when there has been an unauthorized use or copyright infringement. (Photographers note: The chances of significant compensation are much better if the image was registered prior to the infringement.)
- Evaluated of a photographer's file for purposes of a divorce settlement.
- Evaluated of a photographer's future income potential for the purpose of a medical mal-practice settlement.
- Provided analysis of leading companies in the industry, and the industry as a whole for people and organizations considering investment in the industry.
The current fee for any of these services is $350 per hour. I charge for actual time with no minimum. (In phone consultations, the caller must initiate the phone call so the charges are made to his/her number. Payment for these services can be made with Visa, Master Card or American Express. I will also bill for services, if the client is someone with whom I have had a continuing relationship. Otherwise, payment must be made at the time of consultation.
For more information contact Jim at 301-251-0720 or email@example.com.